Is Your Business Subject to US Tax? – Part I

It has become increasingly common for Canadian businesses to sell products and services to the United States. While they file their Canadian income tax returns to report their income, they seldom consider if they are subject to US income and sales taxes. They may be very surprised that they are.

The three main sources of taxation in the United States that a Canadian business should be concerned with are US federal income tax, state income tax and state sales tax. In Part I of this two-part newsletter series we discuss US federal income tax. You can find the newsletter here:

Interested in Working with HWLLP?

How can we help you achieve your business and financial goals?

Share a few details and we'll schedule a call!

Request a Call

Receive our Newsletters

Stay current on topical issues important for your business. Every month we deliver a newsletter highlighting important issues to the attention of our values clients.

Join Our Team

Our valued employees enjoy the work environment at our office and participate together in various community service activities around Ottawa. Talented individuals are encouraged to apply.

Contact Us

Hendry Warren LLP
Chartered Professional Accountants
881 Lady Ellen Place, Suite 200,
Ottawa ON, K1Z 5L3

Call Today
Notice: COVID-19 Information