Not-for-Profit Organizations – Do You Know Your Filing Obligations?

Registered Charities and other Not-for-Profit Organizations all have filing obligations with the Canada Revenue Agency that will differ depending on the structure of the organization and its sources of revenue.   An organization may have to file one or more of a charity return, not-for-profit information return, corporate tax return, trust information return and/or HST return.  Click here to read a more in depth article that provides information on the circumstances under which each type of return must be filed.  Marie Fraser has expertise in the areas of Registered Charities and Not-for-Profit Organizations. If you have any questions and think this article pertains to your organization, you can reach her at our office at 613-235-2000.